The American Culture and Fluency Webinar
Benefits of this webinar for participants:
- Become aware of how cultural norms and values shape interaction in conversations with Americans.
- Start a conversation with confidence in the first 2 minutes of meeting someone in the USA.
- Feel more confident with several phrases you can say naturally and quickly to spark conversation.
- Become familiar with the 6 most commonly used idioms and expressions for day-to-day tasks and start using them confidently with Americans.
- Build rapport with Americans through language, expressions, and non-verbal communication.
- Take advantage of eye contact, gestures, and handshakes to build positive relationships at work and in the community.
- Practical and motivational strategies for integrating into the community or team at work, or both.
Who is this webinar for?
- You’re an international professional who works in the USA or who plans on travelling to the USA for work or study.
- If English isn’t your first language and you want to improve your pronunciation and communication skills.
- You want to understand American culture better to make friends, meet people, and build lasting relationships in the USA.
- You have an upper-intermediate to advanced level of English and want to improve your fluency and use a system to decode cultural situations so they will feel more at ease.
Topic: Mastering Small Talk: Effective Communication in the First 2 Minutes of Conversation
During the webinar, you’ll learn:
- 3 strategies to help you improve the first 2 minutes of a conversation
- 5 effective expressions and idioms to use in small talk
- 3 effective questions to start the conversation rolling
- 3 active listening strategies
- `How to use non-verbal communication: eye contact, gestures, handshakes
- 3 fast, appropriate compliments to break the ice
- The recording
- An interactive guide for taking notes during the webinar.
- A PDF of the slide presentation from the webinar
- an interactive guide to take notes during the webinar